The Australian Arab Business Council elected a new Board of Management for 2019 at its Annual General Meeting (AGM) held at the Waterview Bicentennial, Homebush on Tuesday 13 November 2018. The meeting was chaired by AABC Past President, Mr. Radwan Hamdan of Hamdan & Associates.
Following the presentation of the Annual Report by the former president Mr. Hassan Moussa and a financial report by former Treasurer Mr. Amir Attia.
An election of a new Board was conducted by the Returning Officer, Mr. Ned Mannoun, Emeritus Mayor of Liverpool city Council, which was formed as follows:
- President: Genan Issa – Mortgage Choice – Burwood
- Vice President: George Bousamra, Syncorp Consulting
- Secretary: Jay Sayed, Datcom
- Treasurer: Zak Refai, SE Timber
- Assistant Secretary: Reem Borrows, Dreem Consulting
- Board Member (5 positions):
- Sandra Abboud, Phoenix Group Pacific
- Hassan Awada, Kinderoos Australia
- Michael Azar, Hyten Engineering
- Eddie Chehab, Advanced Timber
- Firas El Kesm, Firanza Bathroom Collections
The new President, Ms. Issa, thanked the outgoing Board and congratulated the new one. Ms Issa said she aims to make all AABC members proud of our upcoming initiatives for 2019 and looks forward to sharing them early in 2019.
Dr. Shane Geha, Managing Director and Founder of EG Property Group was the guest speaker at the AGM where he shared with us his insight regarding land value through the ages, i.e. what gives land its value?
“The Road to Damascus was great Arab trident building 2 palaces by Khalife Al Walid in 714AD. This was one of the earliest examples of brilliant city-planning: how to marry infrastructure with the built form. This indeed was the original Road to Damascus and given how the Romans built their Empire, it pays homage to the old adage that All Roads Lead to Rome.”
A full copy of the presentation is available:
The next monthly dinner will be held at the Waterview in Bicentennial on Wednesday 12 December 2018, this will be our Christmas party
Photos of the last monthly dinner are available through this Link: